Skip to main content

Many government retirees also get public paychecks - Yahoo! Finance

Many government retirees also get public paychecks - Yahoo! Finance:

I can exactly put my finger on it but something feels wrong about this. Maybe wrong is not the right word. It is more like working the system. I have known about the practice for years. I know many who do it. MIlitary, air traffic controllers, police, and etc and in my opinion many of them do it only to get a pay raise. It has less to do with other reasons but because I can and I deserve. I am hard pressed to think of any career where working 20% of the average life expectancy entitles you a paycheck for the rest of your life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Microsoft patent division taking cash from at least 5 Android vendors

Microsoft patent division taking cash from at least 5 Android vendors I love some of Microsoft products. However, the patent system is broken. It becomes barrier innovation and small companies. Google and Android is not small but it is success is largely due to the free availability of it to the masses. The masses ability to review, critique and contribute and then use. Just like other products, java, linux, etc.... I suspect the arguments will sound like those of the drug industry. We invested so much we must protect our investment. As we watch big Pharma die a slow death from protectionism and gaming the patent system. A company that wants to make money needs to add VALUE not put up white picket fences. I provide services to my employers. If I put up picket fences to protect my JOB, I would be fired as soon as possible. We need to fire this type of action. It is friction to innovation not lubricant.

Tools for Efficient use of my computer

This list should be based on how you use it. I am not going to go into coding, email or the rest.  I am covering some gaps I have noticed in my day to day use. I will lean toward cloud based storage, open source and cross platform tools but since these are gaps good choices may not be available. High end notepad Process Manager Maco Tool Regular Expression tester Clipboard Manager I will cover each or these in turn in following posts.
I saw how to do this on but the information was out of date. Download and install diffmerge. I used this link:  DiffMerge . Verify you can run it from the command line: Run the following commands from the git command line git config --global diff.tool diffmerge git config --global difftool.diffmerge.cmd 'sgdm "$LOCAL" "$REMOTE"' git config --global merge.tool diffmerge git config --global mergetool.diffmerge.cmd 'sgdm --merge --result="$MERGED" "$LOCAL" "$(if test -f "$BASE"; then echo "$BASE"; else echo "$LOCAL"; fi)" "$REMOTE"' git config --global mergetool.diffmerge.trustExitCode true Now use the standard git commands for launching diffs and merges git difftool filename.ext git difftool branchname filename.ext git mergetool Note:  I had to perform these steps twice.  Once running the git command line under admin and once under user.  ...