Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Microsoft patent division taking cash from at least 5 Android vendors

Microsoft patent division taking cash from at least 5 Android vendors I love some of Microsoft products. However, the patent system is broken. It becomes barrier innovation and small companies. Google and Android is not small but it is success is largely due to the free availability of it to the masses. The masses ability to review, critique and contribute and then use. Just like other products, java, linux, etc.... I suspect the arguments will sound like those of the drug industry. We invested so much we must protect our investment. As we watch big Pharma die a slow death from protectionism and gaming the patent system. A company that wants to make money needs to add VALUE not put up white picket fences. I provide services to my employers. If I put up picket fences to protect my JOB, I would be fired as soon as possible. We need to fire this type of action. It is friction to innovation not lubricant.

Mindhunter By John E Douglas

I read and listen to a lot of books.   I am going to try my hand at some short reviews.  I am going to do this to help me bring order my takeaways, thoughts, and feelings and I hope sharing this helps and interests others.  I like fiction and non-fiction.  I go after science fiction and fantasy in fiction more often than not but like many other genres.  The non-fiction books include but are not limited to self-help, biographies, and history.    Now, these reviews are not intended to be comprehensive takeaways about the learnings, plots, and characters but more what stood out to me.  What I took away from it.  How it made me feel.  If this is something interests you read on: Mindhunter: Inside the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit  By John E. Douglas I don't recall where or why I added this book to my library so I wasn't sure what it was about when I started it.   In one sentence: It is the story and career of John E. Douglas and how the FBI's Elite Serial

Tools for Efficient use of my computer

This list should be based on how you use it. I am not going to go into coding, email or the rest.  I am covering some gaps I have noticed in my day to day use. I will lean toward cloud based storage, open source and cross platform tools but since these are gaps good choices may not be available. High end notepad Process Manager Maco Tool Regular Expression tester Clipboard Manager I will cover each or these in turn in following posts.