Skip to main content
I saw how to do this on but the information was out of date.


  • Download and install diffmerge.

I used this link: DiffMerge.


  • Verify you can run it from the command line:





  • Run the following commands from the git command line


   
git config --global diff.tool diffmerge
git config --global difftool.diffmerge.cmd 'sgdm "$LOCAL" "$REMOTE"'
git config --global merge.tool diffmerge
git config --global mergetool.diffmerge.cmd 'sgdm --merge --result="$MERGED" "$LOCAL" "$(if test -f "$BASE"; then echo "$BASE"; else echo "$LOCAL"; fi)" "$REMOTE"'
git config --global mergetool.diffmerge.trustExitCode true



  • Now use the standard git commands for launching diffs and merges
   
git difftool filename.ext
git difftool branchname filename.ext
git mergetool



Note:  I had to perform these steps twice.  Once running the git command line under admin and once under user.  There are times I need to run as admin and it uses a different global config file location.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 Design: 10 Essential Features - Enterprise Applications - News & Reviews - eWeek.com

Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 Design: 10 Essential Features - Enterprise Applications - News & Reviews - eWeek.com I think this is great IF..... If M$ can make their installs as unobtrusive as Chrome. Otherwise, it is a big pain. The IE9 forced me to reboot. OMG....for a browser install. I am not sure what is being done to require this but I suspect the value add for the reboot is just not there.

Garage Door opener replaced

Our garage door opener has become intermittent, it has to go. It turned into a bit of a research project. We ended up installing a belt drive unit. The bracket was kind of a pain. It is suppose to be much more quiet. I started wearing gloves more for household projects. I love these gloves. Foam Nitrile Coated gloves. Check them out. I got them here. http://www.hardworkinggloves.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_13&products_id=120 Later...